+34 965 48 81 68
Languages: English / French / Deutsch/ Dutch/ Spanish/

Articles and Posts



Our company has detected during this summer determinate new considerations at time to get the legalization of properties in rustic land.

One of the most important points has been the consideration of the septic tank to get the certificate of habitation, increasing the requirements of these types of tanks in order to get the CH.

The majority of the properties in rustic land are placed in areas in which the public sewage does not arrive. So, the majority of the properties in rustic land areas are using septic tanks to deal with their residual waters.

As explained by some of the staff of the Town Halls in different areas, the reason of this is to control the way in which the septic tanks are using the water after received in the tank, avoiding and controlling contamination of natural water sources, and public infrastructure like water public pipes, etc.  

Also, Town Halls are requiring now to obtain certified information, by specialized installers, to confirm the solidity of the tank, and confirming that there are not leaks which could end in the surrounding land.  This requirement has been requested in the previous years by Town Halls in relation to water and electric installations. In these cases the Town Hall required the certifications from the official installers of water and electric, to confirm the safe situation of both installations, in order to obtain the CH. Now it seems they are doing the samein the case of septic tanks.

In some areas, it may be required an authorization from the Farmers Association for Irrigation (Comunidad de regantes) to accept the re-utilization of the final depurated water in fields, etc.

And, even more. Some Town Halls can apply to get a confirmation from the Hydrographic Confederation of the area to authorize the installation/use of the septic tank, and the use of the final depurated water.

This information must be joined to the application of the certificate of habitation, when applied to the Town Hall, and included in the project of legalization of the property signed by an official architect.

As explained, some of the Town Halls of determinate areas have decided to ask for this requriements after this summer, for example, ASPE, in Alicante.

It is not necessary to say that these requirements will cause the following consequences:

– Vendors, when offering their properties in the market, must provide the following documents:

  • Certificate of the installer of the depuration system
  •  Authorization from the Hydrographic confederation for the use of the septic tank and the final water.

– This can delay the purchase/sale process, as we confirm the Hydrographic confederation can take months to attend this demand of authorization. In fact, they can even refuse the authorization, for example, because the septic tank is built near a natural water deposit, or river, etc.

So, is highly recommendable to sellers to look also to these points of their properties before they start offering their properties in the market.

For further information, do not hesitate to contact us, we will be really pleased to help you.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Leave a Reply

Este sitio usa Akismet para reducir el spam. Aprende cómo se procesan los datos de tus comentarios.