+34 965 48 81 68
Languages: English / French / Deutsch/ Dutch/ Spanish/

Articles and Posts

Energy performance certificate

Certificado de Eficiencia Energética – Energy performance certificate

In previous reports on this site, TLACORP was announcing the new regulations affecting sales or rents of properties in Spain. This new regulations were considering the obligation for sellers and landlords to provide a certificate of energetic efficiency of their properties to buyers and tenants, in sales or renting transactions.

This certificate, made by official engineers or architects, must identify the use of the energy from the property, classifying the result, and certifying it.

In the first moment, this requirement was only for NEW PROPERTIES, or those bought directly from a builder.

But, now, we have been confirmed that this certificate will be required from June for ALL type of sales, and rents, including new properties, resales, rents, etc. The Spanish government approved it one week ago.

Click here to see the official report directly from the official site from the Government (In Spanish).

So, ALL the vendors and Landlords who are in process to SALE or RENT their properties AFTER 1st of June 2013, must provide a CEE to the buyers, otherwise the sale, or the rent, cannot be complete.

How obtaining the Certificate of the Energy Efficiency or Energy Performance Certificate?: An independent certified company has to go to your property to inspect it, and to check the way in which the property uses and consumes the different energetic sources.

– In which consists the classification?: As result of the inspection from the certified company, your property will classified in A, B, C, D, E, F, G,  in relation to the efficiency use of the energy, when A is the best, and G is the worst.

So, properties classified with A, or B, will be easier to sell, and more attractive to buyers than properties C.

For example, if my property is classified with “G”, what I can do to obtain “B”?: The same certifying company must guide you in this case, as they are the specialist on this, and they will have the essential information of your property as result of the inspection.

But, it will be normal that it can be requested to change the all the lights of the property “led” lights, to take care that the white goods are changed into higher classifications of efficiency (buying A products instead of B or C will help), etc.

So, if you are buying/renting a property in Spain after the 31/05/2013, pay attention to the fact that the vendor/landlord must provide you with this certificate to confirm the classification of the property in terms of energetic efficiency.

In other way, if you are thinking to sale your Spanish property, we recommend you to contact with a specialist company to help you to obtain assistance on this matter as soon as possible, in order to have all the documentation ready to complete the sale.

TLACORP offers this certificate for SPECIAL PRICES – Please, contact us to receive a FREE QUOTATION ON THIS SERVICE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Leave a Reply

Este sitio usa Akismet para reducir el spam. Aprende cómo se procesan los datos de tus comentarios.