Once the deeds are signed at the Notary, works are not finished yet!
The property must be duly registered in the Land Registry into your name, the taxes and the rest of the expenses must be paid in that moment, changes of names in the utility contracts.. etc. Our team of Spanish lawyers will complete the last steps of the conveyance till the Spanish property is duly registered on your name.
Our Spanish solicitors will complete the following :
- We will calculate a provision of funds and make all the relevant payments to the Notary and land Registry.
- We will make the proper declarations and payments of taxes related with the purchase.
- Change of bearer in the Water+ Electricity + Council Tax + Community of Owners contracts and management of bills through direct debit payment to your bank account.
- Yearly declarations and presentation of taxes. You can learn more about taxes to pay in Spain after completion in our Tax section (Tax Online).
- Fiscal representations according to the Spanish Law, is necessary to pay annual wealth tax for non-residents.
- Spanish Wills. To prevent hassle and expenses to your inheritors, We highly advice to make a will in Spain. You can learn more about this in our Inheritance section (Spanish Wills and Inheritance)